It’s no secret that high levels of stress can negatively affect workers’ performance, health and turnover. One study found that nurses with higher job stress had lower perceived job performance and planned to leave their jobs within five years.
If you want to prioritize your employees’ health and wellness, you can train them with the tools they need to navigate high-stress situations at work.
5 benefits to providing high stress training for your employees
As part of high stress training, employees can engage in workshops and lectures to learn strategies to better handle stress while at work. These tools can help preserve their physical and emotional well-being while working either at a desk or on their feet. You should provide high stress training for your employees because it can:
- Improve employee health — Stress is a major cause of health issues, leading workers to spend time out of work and in doctor’s offices. In fact, health care costs are nearly 50% higher for workers who report high stress. If employees know the proper tools to deal with stress in healthy ways, however, they can better protect their health and maintain their job performance.
- Improve employee productivity — Workplace stress can lead to major losses of productivity. However, a study found that resources like wellness programs can reduce those productivity losses. High stress training can be incorporated in your company wellness program to improve employee wellness, long-term.
- Decrease workplace injuries — Stressed-out employees can be more susceptible to making mistakes and accidents that cause injuries. These injuries can be costly for employers. However, when employees know how to handle their stress, they can be more alert while on the job and prevent accidents from happening.
- Increase employee morale — Providing employee-wide training shows employees that you care about their well-being. They can therefore be more likely to stay in their job and be satisfied with their work, thereby reducing turnover and related costs.
- Improve company reputation — A good reputation is often reflected in how employers treat their employees. When employees and clients know that your company cares about addressing employee stress, they are more likely to trust your services.
Work-Fit can help you provide high stress training
You don’t have to provide a training curriculum on your own. Our team of experts at Work-Fit can curate training sessions to your employees and their diverse needs. Contact our team today for more information about our services or to learn how we can help keep your employees confident and de-stressed.