Company wellness is essential to a well-functioning organization. In fact, 56% of employees who participate in company wellness programs say they have fewer sick days due to their company wellness program. When your employees are mentally and physically healthy, they are more likely to be productive, efficient, and excited about their work.
A corporate exercise program is one prong of a larger company wellness program. Corporate exercise programs aim to promote physical activity and health among employees, across the company. Such programs often include a variety of different features and activities, including group fitness classes, on-site workout facilities, and incentives for employees who meet certain fitness goals. Knowing the benefits of a corporate exercise program can help you make an educated decision on how you should invest in your employees’ wellness.
What does a good corporate exercise program look like?
A corporate exercise program introduces employees to a routine of healthy habits, encouraging them to make healthier choices while at home. Encouragingly, a study showed that 57% of workers with high health risks became low risk after completing a work-provided exercise program.
In total, a corporate exercise program can be effective. But to make an impact on employees’ lives, what should it include?
An effective corporate exercise program may feature the following qualities:
- A variety of activities — An effective exercise program should offer a wide range of activities to accommodate different fitness levels, preferences and employees’ schedules. Variety can also keep employees from becoming bored or discouraged by their exercise routine. Activities can include yoga, Pilates, cycling, weightlifting and running.
- Accessibility — An exercise program should be easily accessible to all employees, with convenient locations and flexible scheduling. To accommodate all populations at work, employers can offer exercise opportunities through an on-site gym or virtual classes. Virtual options can especially be helpful for lone or remote workers.
- Professional instruction — An effective exercise program should be led by professional instructors who are qualified and experienced in leading the activities and classes offered. The professional instructors should also be well versed in first aid in case of an emergency.
- Support and accountability — A good exercise program should also provide support and accountability for employees to help them stay on track and reach their fitness goals. Employers may offer personal training opportunities, group challenges and online tracking tools.
- Recognition and rewards — An effective exercise program should recognize and reward employees for reaching fitness milestones, such as completing a certain number of classes or losing a certain amount of weight. Doing so can incentivize employees to continue their exercise program and meet healthy lifestyle goals.
Work-Fit can help you create a corporate exercise program for your employees
A corporate exercise program should be holistic and adaptable to many different kinds of employees, including remote and disabled workers. Our team of experts at Work-Fit can design an exercise program that offers professional and varied exercise opportunities for all of your employees. Contact us today for more information about our services or to learn how we can help you develop healthier employees for a healthy business!