Workplace injuries are an unfortunate reality. When an employee is hurt on the job, effective injury management is essential. A rapid response and proper first aid application can have a huge impact on the employee’s health. After an injury, an employee may be unable to work for weeks or even months. This can reduce your company’s productivity and lead to further expenses for employee treatment. Many of the most common workplace injuries are preventable. To prevent workplace injuries before they happen, it is important to address their root causes.
Top causes of most common workplace injuries
- Lack of training — Inexperience can be dangerous. An employee without sufficient training may not understand proper safety procedures or how to use equipment correctly. An effective workplace injury prevention strategy should ensure that all workers receive proper training.
- Safety hazards — Hazards like slippery floors often lead to injury. Hazards like chemical leaks or electrical hazards can cause serious harm. Accidents involving safety hazards can happen regardless of industry. To prevent injury, your company can address the root cause by minimizing safety hazards in the work environment.
- Poor technique — Do your employees lift and handle equipment without proper technique? If so, this could be a root cause of musculoskeletal injuries in your workplace. Repetitive motions without proper ergonomics can further increase the risk for worker injury over time. Training and ergonomics implementation can help address these concerns.
- Inadequate protection — Personal protective equipment (PPE) is vital for all employees to have. Without protection, employees can be vulnerable to injury from hazards like chemical exposure and falling debris. Keeping your employees geared up can boost overall safety.
- Overexertion — Overexertion can lead to injury and less efficiency. An exhausted worker is more likely to make a mistake that gets them hurt. Long hours without a break can cause overexertion. Encouraging a balanced work routine can keep your employees steadily productive.
Work-Fit can help address the root causes of most common workplace injuries
Ready to tackle the most common injuries in your workplace? Work-Fit is here to help. Our team of certified athletic trainers can make your workers more productive and safer on the job. By helping address workplace injuries at the source, we can help you make lasting improvements.
Contact our team today for more information about our services or to learn how we can keep your employees healthy.